Success & significance. It is often hard to define success, as it mostly comes at a price. Significance, on the other hand, not. I don’t think so.
It took Pete van Kets 76 days to cross the Atlantic ocean in a solo rowing boat. He brougth back one word - significance.
We often battle with the question why some people’s life is cut short, why are they taken prematurely (according to us). None of us knew we would never see Wilna again (see article), but one thing is clear - her life had significance. She touched so many lives, if I think of her, I think of her softness, her gentleness, always always always with a smile on her face. We will miss her, but she will never be forgotten.
PS: I just finished Pete’s book, The Eighth Summit. Loved every page. Get a copy, you won’t regret it.
- Friday 1 August: Rotary Recycling at Talhado Children’s Haven 12:00 – 15:00 (weather permitting). Contact Lyn Aitken 082 777 5624
- Saturday 2 August: 08:00 St Francis parkrun
- Saturday 9 August: 09:00 Enid Pretorius Women’s Day Trail Run and Walk: 15km, 21km and 26km. Online entries on www.stfrancissport.co.za
- Saturday 9 August: 08:00 St Francis parkrun
- Saturday 9 August: Zingela Archery Monthly Shoot
- Sunday 10 August: TransBaviaans 24h MTB Read more …
- 08:30 – 13:00 Bridge Club at St Francis Links, contact Wendy McKenzie on 042 294 0541
- 08:30 – 09:30 The Studio, Village Centre: Yoga for all levels
- St Francis United Christian Church Home Groups: 10:00 Pat Munro (042 294 0583)
- 10:30 – 11:30 Nadine’s Boot Camp for Girls, contact 079 509 2071
- 11:00 – 13:00 Balobi Fresh Fish Market @ Port St Francis - 042 2940 148
- 13:00 Tabs at Bowls Club
From 14:00 Tennis lessons by coach Clare Millson - group or private, adults and children at the St Francis Bay Tennis Club. Contact Clare on 042 294 0630 or 0732215524. Read more …
The fifth annual Enid Pretorius Properties Women’s Day Trail Run and Walk will take place again on Saturday 9 August in and around St Francis Bay, starting at 09h00. The main distance of the day is 26km, but due to the popularity of the route, the organizers introduced a new half marathon (21km) as well as a 15km distance through the areas normally closed to the public. Read more …
The second Nomvula’s Knitters Knit Fest will take place on 25, 26 and 27 September 2014 in St Francis Bay, and includes various workshops, three competitions and a gala prize giving dinner. Read more …