There is enough evidence around us indicating season is upon us – verges being cut, potholes filled, new lines on the roads – or is it just a typical “spring cleaning” feeling all round?
October flew so fast that I get myself still typing “September”, and I might as well start with 2015 – maybe the world is turning faster, who knows? Matric exams kicked off last week, next week the rest of high school will start with their block days (aka “mom, what is there to eat” days), primary school a week later – so before we know it, it will be Summer Holidays!
Good luck with what you still have to achieve before the annual break – we sure are in the Silly Season before the real Silly Season is here!
Photo: Sea Snappi’s Sunset on the Rocks
- Friday 31 October: Homestead Equestrian Estate Halloween Party – contact Tracy on 084 506 1560 or Mel on 082 784 7426
- Saturday 1 November: 08:00 St Francis parkrun
- Saturday 1 November: Stulting Driekamp, Zuurbron.
- Friday 7 November: Rotary Recycling at Talhado Children’s Haven 12:00 – 15:00 (weather permitting). Contact Lyn Aitken 082 777 5624
- Saturday 8 November: 08:00 St Francis parkrun
- Sunday 9 November: Crossways Classic MTB Read more …
- 08:30 – 13:00 Bridge Club at St Francis Links, contact Wendy McKenzie on 042 294 0541
- 08:30 – 09:30 The Studio, Village Centre: Yoga for all levels
- St Francis United Christian Church Home Groups: 10:00 Pat Munro (042 294 0583)
- 10:30 – 11:30 Nadine’s Boot Camp for Girls, contact 079 509 2071
- 11:00 – 13:00 Balobi Fresh Fish Market @ Port St Francis – 042 2940 148
- 13:00 Tabs at Bowls Club
From 14:00 Tennis lessons by coach Clare Millson – group or private, adults and children at the St Francis Bay Tennis Club. Contact Clare on 042 294 0630 or 0732215524. Read more …
Beplan gerus ‘n besoek aan die Gamtoosvallei vir die naweek van 7 & 8 November, wanneer die plaaslike gemeenskap ‘n Gamtoos Ekspo aanbied ten bate van Laerskool Gamtoosvallei. Die Ekspo is ‘n toonvenster vir die Oos-Kaap van nuutste werktuie en tegnologie in die landboubedryf en ‘n lekker gesinsuitstappie. Read more …
Local junior rider Coral-Jade Dippenaar, a Gr 8 Woodridge College learner qualified for the SANESA EP Schools Equestrian team and competed at the SANESA National Championships held at Misty Meadows Equestrian Centre, Pretoria. Coral-Jade competed with her two horses Red Dancer and Espresso. Read more …
Thanks to the valuable work done by the SANCCOB Sea Bird Rehabilitation Centre in Cape St Francis, residents of the greater St Francis is quite aware of the plight of the African Penguin. Our village loves its penguins – and what better way to celebrate and raise funds for them than dressing up like one for the day? Read more …
Die Oesterbaai Winkel (daar is net een!) verkoop pragtige handgemaakte produkte wat deur die plaaslike Umzamowetho Hand Crafters gemaak word. Die artikels is baie gewild as geskenkies om saam huistoe geneem te word, of as herinnering aan ‘n heerlike see-vakansie. Read more …
Industry players often don’t take into consideration all the aspects of sport tourism and therefore don’t understand just how large the sector is. Although the global figure is billions, any sporting event in the greater St Francis has a direct positive effect on all local businesses. Read more …