The winter school holiday starts this week – 21 days of bliss!! Winter holidays are totally different to summer – the weather can change drastically from the most beautiful days to the typical soup-and-fire ones! Join St Francis Tourism’s challenge and see if you can fit 21 Adventures in 21 Days! Enjoy: Read more …
They “kam and they go”, it is true. Some don’t go that far, they can still visit – like the Besters, who are leaving St Francis after almost three years.
Some come and go, others come, get involved, make a substantial difference, build a monument and then go. Like Rob and Sam Bester, who made a huge contribution to the St Francis Kromme Trust, where Rob was acting chairman for the last few months, especially in renovating the Heritage Eco Centre amongst other projects.
Sam soon were called the “Shark lady” as she was called in whenever a shark, penguin or other marine specie washed up somewhere on our coastline. Many kids enjoyed a rocky shore study with her, or art lessons at the St Francis Sustainable Seas Centre – the biggest monument they are leaving behind.
Rob, Sam, Luke and Julia - our best wishes for your new venture. At least it’s “back home” for you guys! Enjoy KZN, and we see you in December!
- Friday 14 June: St Francis Golf Club – Sundowners by Heather Rabie Properties.
- Friday 14 – Sunday 16 June: Gamtoos Citrus Festival – music, stalls, food and more. Contact Nicola on 042 283 0437.
- Saturday 15 June: Victory Christian School Fundraiser Individual Stableford. Green fee + R60 competition fee.
- Sunday 16 June: Celebrate Father’s Day at the Cape St Francis Resort with the Silver Creek Mountain Band – free and All You Can Eat Curry Buffet @ R70 pp (R25 all under 12). Booking is essential and only lunch guests will be seated at tables.
- Wednesday 19 June: St Francis Golf Club 4 Ball Alliance
- Thursday 20 June: 17:30 Special service St Francis United Church. Bishops from both the Methodist and Anglican Church will attend the service to constitute and bless the United Church. All welcome.
- Thursday 20 June: 18:00 Business Forum meeting at the Sustainable Seas Centre, Port St Francis with guest speaker Shaun van Eck: “How St Francis Bay can rebuild its brand/image as a quality tourism destination and an icon of village sustainability and lifestyle.”
- Friday 21 June: St Francis Golf Club – Sundowners by Heather Rabie Properties. Read more …
- 10:30 – 11:30 Nadine’s Boot Camp for Girls, From R200 pm (depending on total sessions). Contact 079 509 2071.
- 11:00 – 13:00 Balobi Fresh Fish Market @ Port St Francis - 042 2940 148
- 13:00 Tabs at Bowls Club;14:00 St Francis Cycling Club Roadies from Custom Bikes
- 15:00 Drama Classes at Energia, Port St Francis. All welcome. Contact Katrien 076 682 6678
- 18:30 – Youth at the St Francis United Christian Church – 13 years and older. All welcome. Read more …
This year the Cape St Francis Resort has decided to spice up Father’s Day with not only a FREE live band but will also be tantalising your taste buds with an all you can eat curry buffet (although the a la carte menu and platter specials will still be available on the day). Read more …
Cleaning their coastline and nursing sick penguins were all in a day’s work for St Francis College learners during an eye-opening excursion in honour of World Oceans Day this month. Read more …
Bruce Fordyce, well known multiple Comrades Marathon winner and veteran athlete will be in St Francis on 13 July to officially launch the St Francis parkrun. The weekly free 5km time trails for runners and walkers will be held in the safety of the St Francis Links every Saturday at 08:00. Read more …
I know it has been a while since I have done the recipe of the week, but sometimes it just gets so difficult to do it as “life” happens. In the hospitality business that can be a number of things! I recently took a much needed 7 day break in Cape Town with my father in-law and of course my 3 amazing girls. Read more …