Contact details of all social clubs wanted
The St Francis United Church would like to compile a comprehensive list of all activities available in St Francis and Cape St Francis to share with newcomers to the village and its surrounds. Your assistance is required.
“If you find like minded people in a new place of residence, it is easier to become integrated into the community,” says Carol Hemsley from the church. “If we can help new residents with a list of activities, they would then be able to meet locals with shared interests and so become involved our community life.” The list could even prove to be useful to residents of long standing.
“We envisage the list to include cultural groups, arts and crafts and handwork groups, all our associations and any other interest groups, including charity organisations.”
If you can add to the list below, please send the new information, including the name of the club/association, short description, contact person, contact phone number and email address to Carol Hemsley at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone her on 042 294 0955 or 084 324 0235. You can also leave it as a comment to this article.
The list will be regularly updated and distributed. “Your assistance is much appreciated.”
- April Olive Blossom Fund: animal rescue. 072 464 6088.
- Fourcade Botanical Group: Carol Logie: 042 294 1301.
- FOSTER (Friends of St Francis Nature Areas): 082 763 4113.
- Friends of the Heritage Centre and Heritage Kids Group: 042 294 0416.
- Gypsea Sustainable Seas Centre: 083 7722 112
- NSRI: 082 990 5969
- Penguins Eastern Cape: 082 890 0207
- Romazini Valley (Santareme): 042 294 0040
- SPCA Assissi – Humansdorp: 042 295 2814
- St Francis Bay Bird Club: birders from St Francis and Jeffreys Bay. Birding expeditions on first and third Fridays of each month including Atlassing, CAR and CWAC counts. Contact Yvonne Bosman: 042-294-0842.
- St Francis Bay Bridge Club: 042 294 0199.
- St Francis Christian Church: interdenominational christian church. Contact Lew Slade: 042 294 1429.
- St Francis Conservancy: 042 294 0288
- St Francis Bay Community Garden: 042 294 0416
- St Francis Kromme Trust: an environmental activist group, working to protect and enhance the Greater St Francis environment for this and later generations. Contact: Yvonne Bosman: 042-294-0842/Eric Langlands: 042-294-1075.
- St Francis Rotary: Lyn Aitken 042 294 0411.
- Thatchpatchers Quilters Group: Antoinette Kriel: 042 294 0600
- Talhado Children’s Haven: 042 294 1429