- Till Sunday 21 September: Clean Up SA Week – get your bag at St Francis Tourism, Vikings Bakery and make a difference!
- Friday 19 September: Recycle Day – please take newspapers, old towels and toothbrushes to SANCCOB Penguin Rehabilitation Centre, Cape St Francis.
- Friday 19 – Sunday 21 September: Friends of St Francis Doubles Squash Tournament. Contact Rian on 082 822 3202.
- Saturday 20 September: 08:00 St Francis parkrun
- Saturday 20 September: International Coastal Cleanup Day – Baygs available at St Francis Tourism, Vikings Bakery, and join St Francis Kromme Trust Cleanup.
- Saturday 20 September: Zingela Archery Monthly Shoot Read more
The opening of the inaugural Nautical Capital Festival held at Port St Francis on Saturday 26 April was a huge success. It is estimated that some 4 000 visitors enjoyed the many activities, stalls, sporting events and demonstrations. The Grand Finale of the Festival Week will be the Concert in the Park on Saturday 3 May. Read more
St Francis parkrun held its 22nd event on Saturday 7 December, sharing the field with SA parkrun Director and Comrades veteran Bruce Fordyce. As always, Bruce entertained the crowd and ran the 5km with St Francis parkrunners – setting a new Personal Best for himself after 88 parkruns! Read more
Please help us raise the money needed for our very special friend, Taryn Roper Kneen, to get the treatment and assistance she needs to beat her Stage 4 breast cancer.
Some of you might know her, others may have met her at my wedding (Cape Town peeps!), and others may have heard me talk about her. She lives in Cape St Francis and is going through her chemo treatments, still needs a masectomy and reconstruction, then radiation….she is super positive and so so brave, but financially they are seriously struggling. She has such amazing friends all around the world and together we are trying to raise the funds for her.
See the attached poster for more information and (such a divine!) photo of Taryn – there are awesome prizes to be won and the draws take place end of August and end of September.
If you would like to buy a ticket please email me (I am the St Francis contact person but can also take donations from my CT friends!) or sms/whatsapp me on 076 5108383.
Please do forward this onto anyone you think could help (I’m afraid I don’t really have everyone’s email addresses esp in St Francis).
Thanks a mil!!!
A two-day Mixed Trips Fun Weekend was organised for the weekend of July 21 and 22 by the St Francis Bay Bowls Club Committee. Thirty bowlers participated which took quite a lot of planning and organising. In spite of the foul weather, the bowlers enjoyed themselves and had a good time. Read more
Stanley Badger from Seals (not Cape St Francis!) is living his dream. His office is “in the barrel with board shorts for work clothes, I am surrounded by palm trees, good fishing and stoked guests every day.” Stanley is a professional surf guide in Indonesia for Surgingwater.com since April 2012. Read more